Three Main Ayurvedic Facts About Astringent Taste
The astringent taste is composed of air and earth elements.
Astringent also helps to cool the stomach because of alkaline/base food action.
- Increase Vata (creates nervous energy)
- Decrease Kapha(decreases fat)
- Decreases Pitta(increases stomach acid)
Examples of Astringent Food Substances
Ayurveda describes taste based on how it initiates tissue function based on taste action. Astringent Taste Action causes the action related to :
- Hemostatic(arrest the flow of blood within the blood vessel.)
- Binds Stools (Helps Diarrhea)
- Changing of osmotic pressure
Want to learn more?
- understand Ayurveda Principles in plain English;
- learn in the convenience of your own home;
- learn how to identify your Ayurveda body type;
- learn how to do daily oil massage;
- understand how the season effects your food choices;
- learn why your age factors into your diet and lifestyle;
- learn how to balance your body from an Ayurvedic approach.
- Click Here
Do you want to learn how #Ayurveda taste principles can act as medicine for the body?
Dr. Helen has been practicing Ayurveda and Chiropractic for 30 years, specializing in alternative medicine diagnosis and treatment of chronic disease.
Her WellnessHealthApproach includes Ayurveda-Chiropractic-NAET. Dr. Helen is a licensed Chiropractor and is dedicated to a poly-therapy approach. Through more than 30 years of practice she has used advance nutritional research, Ayurvedic examination, pulse diagnosis and treatment and hands on healing.
Dr.Helen was one of the Ayurvedic American pioneers along with other Chiropractors and Medical Doctors et.al
She is proud to say that she was in the second Ayurveda class sponsored by MIU and one of her first teachers is Dr. John Douillard DC, Deepak Chopra MD, Vaidya Ragu BAMS. She has been mentored in her clinic for fifteen years by Vaidya Narendra Pendse BAMS MD from Pune ,India. She was blessed to go to India and work in his clinic and take tours of Indian Medical facilities and Ayurvedic schools, hospitals and clinics.
Dr.Helen Mary Thomas BA, D.C.
2635 Cleveland Ave. Suite 2
Santa Rosa, California.
You can get her book Here.