Three Facts About Salty Taste
Salty is one of those taste that is entwined in our emotional body from childhood right through to our elderly status. I once had a student leave my cooking class because I taught that extra salt is not advised while cooking. I was reminded and shocked at how important a role taste played in a person's emotional history.
It is essential to understand the facts about our body's and salt. Truly life and death is involved. Our blood is like the ocean water, salty. There is a delicate balance in our blood between salt and water. Our blood knows just how to balance it unless we flood the bloodstream with salt.
Three Salty Facts
- Salty taste is
- composes of fire elements and water elements.
- salty taste decreases vata(nervous tension)
- salty taste increase pitta(increase acid secretions)
- salty taste increases kapha (water retention and weight)
- Take a good look at nutritionfacts.org image below to have the most current research read to you and explained all about Salt.
Find Out What Happens When Salt Floods the Blood
- When salt floods the bloodstream extra salt (higher than .9%)
- throws the balance off.
- The brain kicks in and secretes ADH(anti-diuretic hormones) this is no good
- because it makes our body retain water
- increases weight
- overloads the kidney
- puts a heavy load on the heart pumping
- not to mention the effects of salt
- on hardening the arteries
- causing cracks in the arteries
- leading to atherosclerosis.
- Heart disease is the number one cause of death in the US.
- check out image below nutritionfacts.org for research on salt
- Salt initiates digestive activity.
- Increases appetites
- Increases thirst
- Maintains electrolyte balance
- Decreases muscle spasm
Salt Heart =thickening in heart on the right.
- understand Ayurveda Principles in plain English,
- in the convenience of your own home
- how to identify your Ayurveda body type,
- learn how to do daily oil massage,
- understand how the season effects your food choices,
- learn why your age factors into your diet and lifestyle and so much more.
- No confusion,
- know how to balance your body from an Ayurvedic approach right here!
- Click Here
Dr. Helen has been practicing Ayurveda and Chiropractic for 30 years, specializing in alternative medicine diagnosis and treatment of chronic disease.
Her WellnessHealthApproach includes Ayurveda-Chiropractic-NAET. Dr. Helen is a licensed Chiropractor and is dedicated to a poly-therapy approach. Through more than 30 years of practice she has used advance nutritional research, Ayurvedic examination, pulse diagnosis and treatment and hands on healing.
Dr.Helen was one of the Ayurvedic American pioneers along with other Chiropractors and Medical Doctors et.al
She is proud to say that she was in the second Ayurveda class sponsored by MIU and one of her first teachers is Dr. John Douillard DC, Deepak Chopra MD, Vaidya Ragu BAMS. She has been mentored in her clinic for fifteen years by Vaidya Narendra Pendse BAMS MD from Pune ,India. She was blessed to go to India and work in his clinic and take tours of Indian Medical facilities and Ayurvedic schools, hospitals and clinics.
Dr.Helen Mary Thomas BA, D.C.
2635 Cleveland Ave. Suite 2
Santa Rosa, California.
You can get her book Here.