Three Ayurveda Facts Pungent Taste Info : Find Out What Pungent Does To body.
Pungent taste is a phrase that is not always understood in the Ayurvedic classes I teach in Santa Rosa,California at Santa Rosa Junior College. I have noticed over the years there is always the familiar question “can you give us some example of the pungent taste?”
Ayurvedic Pungent Taste Facts
- The Pungent Taste consists of the elements fire and air.
- The action of the Pungent Taste is heating
- Pungent increases and decreases Vata (can under-stimulate or stimulate nerves depending on dosage)
- Increases Pitta ( increase Stomach acids aka HCL)
- Decrease Kapha (reduces fat)
What does Pungent Taste Do To The Body? Look at image below for the Answer. Click above link for examples of foods that are pungent in taste.
This is why pungent is very helpful in fat metabolism and fat reduction in the body, along with exercise and kapha pacifying foods (foods that Ayurveda has identified as low in fat and increase digestive churning in the intestines). If you take Ayurveda Made Easy you will learn all about the foods and when to eat them why. This class is for basic and advanced students.
- understand Ayurveda Principles in plain English;
- learn in the convenience of your own home;
- learn how to identify your Ayurveda body type;
- learn how to do daily oil massage;
- understand how the season effects your food choices;
- learn why your age factors into your diet and lifestyle;
- learn how to balance your body from an Ayurvedic approach.
- Click Here
Dr. Helen has been practicing Ayurveda and Chiropractic for 30 years, specializing in alternative medicine diagnosis and treatment of chronic disease.
Her WellnessHealthApproach includes Ayurveda-Chiropractic-NAET. Dr. Helen is a licensed Chiropractor and is dedicated to a poly-therapy approach. Through more than 30 years of practice she has used advance nutritional research, Ayurvedic examination, pulse diagnosis and treatment and hands on healing.
Dr.Helen was one of the Ayurvedic American pioneers along with other Chiropractors and Medical Doctors et.al
She is proud to say that she was in the second Ayurveda class sponsored by MIU and one of her first teachers is Dr. John Douillard DC, Deepak Chopra MD, Vaidya Ragu BAMS. She has been mentored in her clinic for fifteen years by Vaidya Narendra Pendse BAMS MD from Pune ,India. She was blessed to go to India and work in his clinic and take tours of Indian Medical facilities and Ayurvedic schools, hospitals and clinics.
Dr.Helen Mary Thomas BA, D.C.
2635 Cleveland Ave. Suite 2
Santa Rosa, California.
You can get her book Here.