Sour Taste Dietary Benefits According to Ayurveda
Ancient wisdom says lemon water is not good for everyone especially every morning. Learn more about that here.
- Sour taste consist of earth and fire.
- Sour taste has a heating effect on the body.
- Sour taste decreases vata (causes under stimulation of nervous system)
- Increases Pitta (stimulates secretion of gastric acid HCL)
- Increases Kapha (increase fat)
Learn more about the Ayurveda six taste. The sour taste is explained in this blog. Learn examples of foods that are primarily sour taste.
Indian gooseberries strongest taste is sour and it also has sweet, bitter and pungent and astringent. In the image above from www.nutritionfacts.org Dr. Micheal Greger presents medical research that proves the ability of Indian Gooseberries to kill cancer cells. Take a look at this research.
- understand Ayurveda Principles in plain English,
- in the convenience of your own home
- how to identify your Ayurveda body type,
- learn how to do daily oil massage,
- understand how the season effects your food choices,
- learn why your age factors into your diet and lifestyle and so much more.
- No confusion,
- know how to balance your body from an Ayurvedic approach right here!
- Click Here
Dr. Helen has been practicing Ayurveda and Chiropractic for 30 years, specializing in alternative medicine diagnosis and treatment of chronic disease.
Her WellnessHealthApproach includes Ayurveda-Chiropractic-NAET. Dr. Helen is a licensed Chiropractor and is dedicated to a poly-therapy approach. Through more than 30 years of practice she has used advance nutritional research, Ayurvedic examination, pulse diagnosis and treatment and hands on healing.
Dr.Helen was one of the Ayurvedic American pioneers along with other Chiropractors and Medical Doctors et.al
She is proud to say that she was in the second Ayurveda class sponsored by MIU and one of her first teachers is Dr. John Douillard DC, Deepak Chopra MD, Vaidya Ragu BAMS. She has been mentored in her clinic for fifteen years by Vaidya Narendra Pendse BAMS MD from Pune ,India. She was blessed to go to India and work in his clinic and take tours of Indian Medical facilities and Ayurvedic schools, hospitals and clinics.
Dr.Helen Mary Thomas BA, D.C.
2635 Cleveland Ave. Suite 2
Santa Rosa, California.
You can get her book Here.