Herbs Directly Effect Bio-systems, Tissues and Channels
Ayurveda teaches that the
- nervous system,(bio-system)
- digestive system (bio-system
- uses the
- nutrients to create the seven tissues through digestion.
Just for review, Ayurveda organizes its' science/physiology system into:
- Five elements which are fire, water, ether, air and earth combine to make:
- three bio-systems (doshas)
- seven tissues (dhatu)
- thirteen channels (srotas).
Below is a chart that is an example of what part of the plant is used to treat and nourish what tissue in the body.
The words you see with red arrow are Sanskrit words for the tissue. The red words are the english translation.
The food channels must be kept clean so that undigested food does not turn to toxemia and eventually pollute the blood.
The action of the herbs is on the bio-systems, tissues and channels.
Five Examples Of How The Herbs Work on Bio-systems, Tissues, and Channels
Ayurveda organizes herbs into categories of action. Another way you will hear it put is:
"the action of a substance on the body."
These five actions work on the bio-systems, tissue and flow through the channels.
1. Foods/Ayurveda Herbs that Stimulate Gastric Juices
2.Foods/Ayurveda Herbs That Aid In Process of Digesting
3.Foods/Ayurveda Herbs that remove and scrap food from Body.
4.Foods/Ayurveda Herbs That Maintain Flow of Water & Energy.
5. FoodsAyurveda Herbs that bind the stool. Stop diarrhea.
If you want to know more about my next blog subject:
The Ayurvedic Effects Of The Food Traits On Body, Mind, and Emotions
Sign up by clicking the link below
Better Yet sign up and
Join me in my class.
Read more below
- understand Ayurveda Principles in plain English;
- learn in the convenience of your own home
- learn how to identify your Ayurveda body type;
- learn how to do daily oil massage;
- understand how the season effects your food choices;
- learn why your age factors into your diet and lifestyle;
- learn how to balance your body from an Ayurvedic approach.
- Click Here
Are you interested in #AyurvedicHerbs? Join me in my herb series here. www.DrHelenMaryThomasDC.com
Dr. Helen has been practicing Ayurveda and Chiropractic for 30 years, specializing in alternative medicine diagnosis and treatment of chronic disease.
Her WellnessHealthApproach includes Ayurveda-Chiropractic-NAET. Dr. Helen is a licensed Chiropractor and is dedicated to a poly-therapy approach. Through more than 30 years of practice she has used advance nutritional research, Ayurvedic examination, pulse diagnosis and treatment and hands on healing.
Dr.Helen was one of the Ayurvedic American pioneers along with other Chiropractors and Medical Doctors et.al
She is proud to say that she was in the second Ayurveda class sponsored by MIU and one of her first teachers is Dr. John Douillard DC, Deepak Chopra MD, Vaidya Ragu BAMS. She has been mentored in her clinic for fifteen years by Vaidya Narendra Pendse BAMS MD from Pune ,India. She was blessed to go to India and work in his clinic and take tours of Indian Medical facilities and Ayurvedic schools, hospitals and clinics.
Dr.Helen Mary Thomas BA, D.C.
2635 Cleveland Ave. Suite 2
Santa Rosa, California.
You can get her book Here.